Let’s Talk Money: Taxes

If you earn income, you will need to file a tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency. Common types of income that students may receive include employment income, scholarships, bursaries, registered education savings plan (RESP) payments.   

Tax Clinics

You may be eligible for free help with your tax returns through a tax clinic in your local area. There are in-person and virtual options available.

  • The University of Toronto Students’ Union (UTSU) provides free one-on-one assistance through their Tax Clinic. Appointments are limited and are first come first served.  

Tax Resources

More tax information for students: