Work Study Program
The Work Study program offers part-time, paid on-campus employment to eligible undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Toronto. The program provides students with an opportunity to earn money while learning, developing workplace knowledge and skills, and exploring how their academic studies translate to career possibilities.
Examples of Student Jobs
- Advancement Clerk
- Finance Assistant
- UTSC Farm Indigenous Garden Assistant
- Marketing, Communications & Web Assistant
- Digital Research Assistant
- Climate Justice Research & Writing
- Plant Scientist
- Publications Research Assistant
Work Study Program Overview
The Work Study program is offered twice a year:
- Fall-Winter Session (September-March)
- Summer Session (May-August)
There are two types of streams:
Work Experience Stream
- This stream supports students in identifying and developing the specific workplace skills and competencies they need to build workplace experience and knowledge.
- These positions are supervised by staff, faculty or librarians.
- They include opportunities to explore and reflect on how academic studies are connected to workplace competencies and how the Work Study experience translates to career possibilities.
Research Experience Stream
- This stream supports students in locating and participating in faculty-led research opportunities.
- These positions give students a chance to undertake or support a research project under the direction of a faculty member.
- They involve applying foundational methodologies and/or theories within a research field.
- Work Study program inquiries and student eligibility: email@example.com
- CLNx application and submission questions:
- Tri-campus Career Services:
- Career and financial advisors in your faculty, college, division