Ordering a Transcript on Behalf of a Student
Third parties (e.g., sponsors, employers) who require a copy of a student’s official transcript can order an official eTranscript on behalf of a student or alumnus through the Parchment platform.
Please note, if you are seeking additional information beyond the official transcript, please contact the student’s or alumnus’s divisional registrar’s office directly.
How to Place a Third-Party Order for a Transcript
Step 1: Visit the University of Toronto Parchment Storefront
- From the options, select “Third Party Account.” Then click, “I need to order someone else’s credentials.”
Step 2: Enter your personal information to get started. If you already have an account, sign in.
- Please note, do not use the consent form available for download on this page.
Step 3: Enter the student or alumni’s information.
- Important: Check your order to confirm that you have the correct recipient. Transcripts sent to an incorrect email address or recipient cannot be redirected or refunded.
Step 4: Upload the completed U of T Third-Party Authorization Consent form
You will need to upload the consent form during the ordering process.
- Orders without the completed consent form will not be processed. If you have not received a completed U of T Third-Party Authorization Consent form from the student, see information about Consent Form below.
- Do not use the consent form available for download on the Parchment website.
Step 5: Accept the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) statement in order to continue with the ordering process.
To do this, click the box next to the statement.
Step 6: Pay the required $18 CAD per transcript.
- The accepted methods of payment are Visa, Mastercard and AMEX.
- Your credit card will be charged for the full amount of your transcript order.
Holiday Closure: The University Registrar’s Office will be suspending operation of transcripts on December 20th, 2022 and resuming on January 2nd, 2023. Every effort will be made to process requests received before 11 a.m. on December 20th, 2022. Requests received after 11 a.m. on December 20th, 2022 will be processed when operation resumes on January 2nd, 2023.
We are currently experiencing a service outage for eTranscripts. If you have placed an order on the U of T Parchment Storefront, please note that the processing of your transcript order will be affected. Our team is actively working to resolve the issue and restore services as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.