Tax Information for U.S. Students
T2202: Tuition and Education amounts certificate in lieu of Form 1098-T
In order to claim the tax credit/deduction, a student must attend an eligible institution of higher education. U.S. institutions provide their students with a Form 1098-T verifying the tuition and other required information. A tuition and fees deduction may be beneficial if you cannot use the credit if your income is too high. The Internal Revenue Services has not developed a form for foreign institutions. The University of Toronto issues the T2202: Tuition and Education Amount Certificate. The University of Toronto does not issue the Form 1098-T.
University of Toronto Institution Details
- The University of Toronto is an eligible Title IV institution.
- Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE) ID Number is 00668800.
- The University of Toronto’s Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 98-6001141. When using the EIN, you must also indicate the legal name of the institution as ‘Governing Council of the University of Toronto’.
If you have any questions, please visit the University Registrar’s Office Service Portal.
- Select “Get Help”
- Select an area of inquiry: Financial Aid (OSAP, BSWD, UTAPS, etc.)
- Further specify the area of inquiry: U.S.A. Student Aid