Full-Time Summer OSAP
Students studying in the summer semesters are able to apply for OSAP. They can also apply for a Summer OSAP Extension if they received full-time OSAP in the Fall and/or Winter term(s) and they are applying for additional funding for full-time summer studies.
Am I Eligible for Summer OSAP?
Use the U of T Summer OSAP Extension application if you received full-time OSAP at the University of Toronto in the 2022-23 Fall and/or Winter term(s) and you’re applying for additional funding for full-time Summer studies.
Before you proceed to the application, make sure that you meet the course load requirements.
For undergraduate students the course load requirements are:
- If you will be in school from May-August you must enroll in and pass at least 1.5 credits (1.0 for students with an OSAP profile disability)
- If you will be in school for just May-June or just July-August, you must enroll in and pass at least 1.0 credit (0.5 for students with an OSAP profile disability)
For graduate students, you must have:
- Full-time registration status or Confirmation From Your Graduate Administrator/Faculty Registrar (PDF) that you will be in at least a 60% course load (or at least a 40% with an OSAP profile disability).
If you received Part-Time OSAP in the academic year:
Students in lower course loads should apply for Part-Time OSAP for the summer term. The Part-Time OSAP application can be accessed from the OSAP website.
If you did not receive Full-Time OSAP at U of T in the 2022-23 Fall and/or Winter term(s):
- Submit an application for May-August funding on the OSAP website.
- Note: you are only eligible for Full-Time OSAP if you will be enrolled full-time continuously from May-August.
Students taking a CIE Exchange for the summer must meet the same course load requirements as students studying on campus:
- If you are studying for the whole summer you must be receiving at least 1.5 credits (1.0 for students with an OSAP profile disability).
- If you are studying for half the summer, you typically need to receive at least 1.0 credit (0.5 for students with an OSAP profile disability).
- When you submit your Summer OSAP application, you also will need to provide an Exchange Cover Sheet and proof of your study dates.
I Applied for Summer OSAP – Now What?
Once you have submitted your application, check your account at the OSAP website for assessment details starting in late April. Processing time is 4-6 weeks.
A few days before the start of your classes, OSAP will ask U of T to confirm your enrolment. You must be enrolled in the required course load, and you must have a status of “Registered” in the 2023 summer session on ACORN. Registration means that you’ve either made the minimum payment, or have received a fee deferral.
Students who applied by March 31 should receive their funding within the first two weeks of classes. If you registered without payment, your OSAP funding will be directed to U of T to pay your outstanding tuition and fees. If you’re ineligible for OSAP, you must start paying your fees when you receive notification of your OSAP ineligibility or refusal.