Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada (WAMIC) Edith Tyrrell Award and Medal
The Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada Edith Tyrrell Award and Medal is awarded to one or more students who are registered in the third or fourth year of Lassonde Mineral Engineering Program in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering or a Geology program in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Candidates must rank academically in the top quarter of his or her class and demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, as evidenced through his or her active extra-curricular and/or community involvement.
- Undergraduate student in the third or fourth year of the Lassonde Mineral Engineering Program, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering or a Geology program, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Rank academically in the top quarter of his or her class
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, as evidenced through active extra-curricular and/or community involvement
- Financial need may also be considered.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students International Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
Value/Amount: Approximately $1,900
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.