The Donald Forster Award
The Donald Forster Award recognizes commitment to student governance and student activities at the University. It is open to students in their first undergraduate degree program, studying full time or part time. Students can apply only once. The award shall be tenable during the final year of study for any first undergraduate degree. Full-time students should apply during their second-to-last year of study (i.e. 3rd year of study), and part-time students should apply at the equivalent point in their degree studies.
- be studying their first undergraduate degree, on a full- or part-time basis;
- demonstrate contribution to student governance and student activities at the University of Toronto;
- have maintained a cumulative average of at least “B”
Note: the financial circumstance of an applicant may also be considered, but will not be a determinative factor. Candidates for the Donald Forster Award may also be considered for the F.W. Minkler Scholarship
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-23
Value/Amount: Approximately $1,500
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2022 / Winter 2023: You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form if you meet the award criteria. A separate application form is required for each term.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.