Taylor Statten Memorial Fellowship
The Taylor Statten Memorial Fellowship assists a graduate student carrying out post-baccalaureate studies in any professional field or career related to youth services. This could include studies in physical and health education, psychology, teaching, the ministry, social work, or other areas. Particular consideration is given to academically qualified candidates whose career goals and past interest and experiences indicate a serious commitment to working with young people.
- be a graduate student
- carrying out post-baccalaureate studies in any professional field or career related to youth services.
- demonstrate academic merit
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Graduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
- Attach a description of your training and experience, including summer vacation employment, and in particular any experience you have with youth activities.
- Attach a statement which includes the name of the University and your proposed program of study (included plans for vocation).
- Attach a statement detailing the required extracurricular activities, personal statement and a statement describing your community involvement
- Submit two letters of reference from individuals in support of your application who can attest to your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, community involvement and/or participation in volunteer activities
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.