Marilyn Van Norman Indigenous Student Leadership Award
To be awarded to Indigenous students studying full/part-time at the University of Toronto on the basis of financial need and Ontario residency as defined by the OTSS program conditions. Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate a contribution to the Indigenous community through volunteerism and involvement with the Native Students Association.
- be an Indigenous Student studying at the University of Toronto
- be a Canadian citizen /permanent resident and resident of Ontario;
- demonstrate financial need
Note: Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate a contribution to the Indigenous community through volunteerism and involvement with First Nation House and/or Indigenous Student Groups.
Award Type: Current students Grant
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Graduate Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
Value/Amount: Multiple awards varying in number and value.
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.