Indigenous Student Bursary
This bursary is for Indigenous students who are residents of Ontario, and demonstrate financial need. The value of the bursary is dependent on financial need. Prior to applying for this grant, students are expected to have explored all sources of funding such as family support, savings, summer and study period income, OSAP or other government assistance programs, daycare subsidies, and bank lines of credit as appropriate. This bursary is funded by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
- be Indigenous/First Nations (Status, Non-Status), Metis and Inuit students who are studying in any of the undergraduate program
- be Canadian citizen/permanent resident and resident of Ontario;
- have financial need
Award Type: Current students Grant
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
Value/Amount: Dependent on need
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.