Ilmar Heinsoo Estonian Scholarship
The Estonian Scholarship Fund provides funding to students from Estonia, and to Canadian students researching topics related to Estonia, or doing work associated with the Chair of Estonian Studies. The award is made on the basis of academic merit and financial need.
- be Arts and Science students at either the undergraduate or graduate level who meet OSOTF II criteria
- demonstrate academic merit, and
- fit the following categories:
- doing work associated with the Chair of Estonian Studies; and/or
- undertaking research on Estonia from a Social Sciences or Humanities perspective, or on Estonians’ interactions with other people of Central and Eastern Europe
Award Type: Current students Grant
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students International Students
Level of Study: Graduate Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
Value/Amount: Dependent on need.
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.