Gladys Watson Indigenous Education Fund
The Gladys Watson Indigenous Education Fund provides grant funding to Indigenous students include First Nation (Status, Non-Status), Inuit and Metis students enrolled in University of Toronto graduate programs at the masters or doctoral level, and second-entry professional programs. All full- and part-time Indigenous students in these programs are eligible to apply, with preference given to those students who demonstrate financial need.
- be Indigenous/First Nations (Status, Non-Status),Metis and Inuit);
- be a Canadian citizen /permanent resident and resident of Ontario;
- be enrolled in a University of Toronto graduate program at the masters or doctoral level, and second-entry professional programs.
Award Type: Current students Grant
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Graduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
Value/Amount: Multiple awards ranging in value (approximately $1,000-$3,000)
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.