Excellence is Black Award
To be awarded to graduate or undergraduate students who identify as Black student, based on financial need and a demonstrated commitment to community leadership in advancing social equity and/or outstanding contributions to the Black community. The recipient must be currently enrolled or accepted an offer of admission in a U of T program (undergraduate, Masters or Doctoral), second entry program or research-stream graduate program (Masters or Ph.D.).
Eligibility: Recipient must:
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student. Currently enrolled or accepted an offer of admission in a U of T program (undergraduate, Masters or Doctoral), second entry program or research-stream graduate program (Masters or Ph.D.).
- Self-identify as Black student
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate commitment to community leadership in advancing social equity and/or outstanding contributions to the Black community
The candidates will be reviewed by the EiB Award Selection Committee comprised of student club representatives from the Rotman School of Management, Faculty of Medicine, and Faculty of Law.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students International Students
Level of Study: Graduate Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
- As part of your application, you must upload the Excellence is Black form (PDF), under the Personal Statement section of the on-line application.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.