E.J. Pratt Award in Poetry
The E.J. Pratt Award in Poetry competition is open to any student proceeding toward a first or a post-graduate degree at the University of Toronto. The award will be made based on the most outstanding poetry submission. If, in the opinion of the selection committee, no submission is of sufficient excellence, the award will not be given.
- be proceeding toward a first or a post-graduate degree at the University of Toronto.
- The award will be made on the basis of the poem, or group of related poems, judged to be the most outstanding submission. Entries should be approximately 100 lines in length. No previously published composition will be considered, except for work in campus student publications. No more than three entries will be accepted from any student. If, in the opinion of the selection committee, no submission is of sufficient excellence, the award will not be given. You must attach your personal work (poem, or group of related poems) as a separate file. Please note that your submission will be reviewed under pseudonyms.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students International Students
Level of Study: Graduate Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.