Dr. Anderson Abbott Award
The Dr. Anderson Abbott Award of $4,000 is awarded to a black student in any program of study on the basis of academic achievement, financial need and contribution to the black community.
Eligibility: Recipient must:
- be a black undergraduate student in any program of study;
- show high academic achievement;
- demonstrate financial need;
- present evidence of contribution to the black community.
The selection committee may give preference to a student in the medical program or in a related health science program.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.