Derek Walcott Award
To be awarded annually to a 3rd or 4th year full time or part time undergraduate student in any faculty who has financial need and an interest in pursuing work in any aspect of Caribbean study/research. Copy of final paper/work, conforming to accepted academic standards, should be provided to the CEOC for future reference and to build a collection of outstanding work in Caribbean study.
- Be a 3rd or 4th year full-time or part time undergraduate student in any faculty interested in pursing work in any aspect of Caribbean study/research,
- Demonstrated financial need,
- Demonstrate academic merit.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.