Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada (WAMIC) Wood Scholarship
The Women’s Association of the Mining Industry of Canada (WAMIC) Wood Scholarship is awarded to one or more undergraduate students registered in the third or fourth year of Lassonde Mineral Engineering Program in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering or the Earth Science program in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Candidates must be pursuing studies related to a career in the mining industry and must demonstrate financial need. Additional consideration may be given to candidate’s leadership skills, as demonstrated through extra-curricular and/or community involvement.
- Third or fourth year undergraduate student
- Registered in the Lassonde Mineral Engineering Program, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering or the Earth Science program, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Pursuing studies related to a career in the mining industry
- Demonstrate financial need
- Leadership skills demonstrated through extra-curricular and/or community involvement.
Award Type: Current students Grant
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students International Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.