President’s Award for the Outstanding Indigenous Student of the Year
The 2022-2023 President’s Award is awarded to Indigenous students (First Nations, Métis and Inuit) on the basis of academic achievement and previous and/or intended future contribution to the Indigenous community. Students must be studying full-time and involved in course work
One award is given to a student in an undergraduate program (Arts and Science, Music, Physical Education and Health, APSC) and one award is given to a student in a graduate program (masters or doctorate) or second-entry professional program (Dentistry, Education, Law, Medicine).
- be students of Indigenous ancestry – First Nations (status, non-status), Métis and Inuit
- be studying full-time and involved in course work;
- show academic achievement and previous and/or intended contribution to the Indigenous community.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Graduate Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Jun-23
Value/Amount: Two awards at $4,000 each
How to Apply:
- Provide a Personal Statement which describes your interests, achievements, extracurricular activities, as well as describing your community involvement and other information that may assist in determining your eligibility for this award.
- A copy of your academic record from University of Toronto and any other university you have attended
- Two letters of reference in support of your application. One letter must be from a member of the teaching staff at the University of Toronto. The second should come from someone outside the University who can describe your involvement with the Indigenous community.
Questions? Email email@example.com to learn more about the requirements, documentation needs, and more.
How/When Is It Paid: Successful applicants will be notified of the award decisions by email.