Gwendolyn Peacher Award for the Traditional Arts
The Gwendolyn Peacher Award for the Traditional Arts is granted to an undergraduate student who has demonstrated innovative and creative involvement in the traditional performing arts, preferably in dance. This participation does not necessarily have to be within the University community. Candidates are assessed primarily on the basis of a letter of application describing their interest and involvement in the traditional arts, including previous activities and future plans. In addition, two letters of reference from persons qualified to attest to the candidate’s involvement are required.
- be an undergraduate student;
- demonstrate innovative and creative involvement in the traditional performing arts, preferably dance, either within the University community or elsewhere.
Award Type: Current students
Action: Application Required
Availability: Domestic Students
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Deadline to Apply: 01-Feb-24 at 5:00pm EST
Value/Amount: Approximately $500
How to Apply:
- New for Fall 2023 / Winter 2024: All in-course awards will be awarded in the Winter term. The application will close on Thursday February 1, 2024 at 5 p.m. Only one application is required. You may apply for multiple awards on one U of T Student Award Application Form. Please be sure to check the award criteria before selecting the award. Applications will open on Tuesday September 5, 2023.
- As part of your application, you will be asked to upload two reference letters, in support of your application. At least one reference must be from a Faculty member or staff at the University of Toronto.
Notification of decision:
- Award recipients will receive an award letter by email from the University Registrar’s Office, usually one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will include information on the award payment and should be kept for future reference.